Appearance[edit | edit source]
Karane has an orangish blonde hair with her hair either being ties into a ponytail or twin tails.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Karane is known for being straightforward and honest about how she feels about a given situation except for two subjects: her feminine figure (or supposed lack of) and her deep love for Aijou Rentarou. Her desperate attempts to hide how she feels about a given situation despite her honest nature often make people think she is going to strike them.
History[edit | edit source]
Karane's family history is unknown at this point. She is met by Rentarou when he bumped into her and Hanazono Hakari on their first day of high school. The two fall in love with him at first sight and confessed their feelings to him. Rentarou saw this as problematic as both are two of his supposed 100 girlfriends and if he chooses only one of them then the rest will all die. So Rentarou decided to date both of them at the same time and despite so reservations about it, Karane and Hakari agreed to it.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Karane is currently the strongest of Rentarou's girlfriends even being able to go toe to toe with the leader of the Gorira Alliance. She is also shown be above average in academics even being one place ahead of Renatrou.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
- Inda means "hospital" (院) (in) and "field, rice paddy" (田) (ta/da).
- Karane means "Tang, China" (唐) (kara) and "sound" (音) (ne).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
First girlfriend dispute[edit | edit source]
- It is generally considered that Karane is one of the first two girlfriends of Rentarou, alongside Hanazono Hakari. However, some people consider Hakari as the first girlfriend and Karane as second.
- Arguments supporting the first theory:
- Rentarou's acceptance: After deep thoughts regarding the double confession, Rentarou finally decides to accept both at the exact same time.
- Dates and kisses: While Rentarou accepts both confessions, he asks both of the two girlfriends out for a date together. In order to avoid any psychological hurdle on the issue of who Rentarou's first kiss was, the three of them decided to kiss at the same time.
- Author's intentions: This is in line of the two arguments above. Supporters of this theory believe that the author intentionally introduced two girlfriends at the same time so that neither of them will be 'the absolute first'. This suits the premises and motives of the manga better in comparison, as the theme is to focus on the solution for 'how can we make all heroines happy'.
- 'The Twins' Proposition: This argument has been used to question the significance of the minute time difference between the key events used in determining the order of the two girlfriends (described below under 'Arguments supporting the second theory'):
"It's like in a set of ten siblings, they would be twins. There is always an older twin, but it never truly matters who is older, because [they] were born together. So when [you count] the children you count the twins together, even if [you acknowledge] one of them as the older." - u/Izzombie 
- Arguments supporting the second theory:
- The confession: Hakari is the one who confessed first.
- Acceptance of the polygamous relationship: Noting that she'd rather have Rentarou two-timing on her than rejecting her confession and not be in love, Hakari accepts Rentarou's proposal before Karane did.
- The initiative: This is in line of the two arguments above. Hakari was always portrayed to be the first one to take the initiative for Rentarou to accept her as his girlfriend. Karane would then passively follow, very soon after.
- Conventions: Regardless of which scenario happens to be the case, it is more intuitively acceptable to have all girlfriends numbered in order; in either case Hakari and Karane will always have the girlfriend order of 1 and 2, respectively. Moreover, Hakari would more likely to have been chosen to represent the front cover of the first volume, had the authors decided to have a single girl as its cover.
Other[edit | edit source]
- Karane and Rentarou have kissed six times as of Chapter 29.
- Karane has also made out with Hanazono three times, and quite possibly holds the record for length given they made out continuously for several minutes the second time.
- In the first and second ASMR, Karane is voiced by Haruka Shiraishi
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Story||Timeline • Characters • Chapters and Volumes|
|Main Characters||Aijou Rentarou • Hanazono Hakari • Inda Karane • Yoshimoto Shizuka • Eiai Nano • Yakuzen Kusuri • Hanazono Hahari • Haraga Kurumi • Meido Mei • Sutou Iku • Utsukushisugi Mimimi • Kakure Meme • Iin Chiyo|
|#1 to #5||Hanazono Hakari • Inda Karane • Yoshimoto Shizuka • Eiai Nano • Yakuzen Kusuri|
|#6 to #10||Hanazono Hahari • Haraga Kurumi • Meido Mei • Sutou Iku • Utsukushisugi Mimimi|
|#11 to # 15||Kakure Meme • Iin Chiyo|
|Other||Aijou Rentarou • Asakawa • Love God|